Sunday, May 4, 2014

An Artist's Proposal

An Artist's Proposal
I just thought lawyers might be interested in a proposed change to legislation defining a parody from fraud. When I saw lawyers in 2007 and 2013, they first told me that SNL was parodying my work, not stealing it. I parody work, myself, and I don't object to anyone parodying my work, but I think that people should know that it is my work which is being parodied before anyone parodies it. In 2007, none of the locals knew how much of a sensation my songs and blogs were causing around the world and many TV viewers still had not discovered my online account. A parody can't be a parody if no one has heard of the author of its source. To stop further copyright violations of new artists being defended in the name of the parody, we should amend the legislation defining the parody accordingly - if it is required. To me, if no one knows my work was the source of an imitation, the imitation is not a parody but an infringement of my copyright.   
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment